I know that it can seem daunting sometimes to figure out what to Post on Facebook and/or LinkedIn. Completing your LinkedIn profile can also seem an overwhelming task when you begin to build your Summary. Google offer a couple of Free services (and we love free, right?) that will help with both of these situations.
Let’s take a look at the Google Keyword Tool first. When you are looking for a URL (web address) this tool can help you see what people are actually searching for on Google. It will also tell you the amount of competition for a given phrase. If you can find a low competition with searches, that is the best scenario but often very difficult to find.
When you are building your LinkedIn Profile, LinkedIn Company Page or Profile for your Facebook Business Page, the Google Keyword Tool will give you a good idea of what phrases people are searching under to find your type of product or service. It is not always what you may think it is. Scroll down and take note of the terms that have Medium or Low competition.
Google Alerts is another helpful free service from Google. I would recommend that you set one up for your name and your Company name. If you put the phrase/name in quotes it will pick up that exact phrase/name. If you do not put quotes it will look for those words but not necessarily as a complete phrase. Set up Alerts for your industry, service, product, etc. so that whenever something hits the Web, Google will email you about it. I would recommend As It Happens for your Company name and Once Daily for everything else. Remember:
- Always read through an article before you Post it.
- Scroll down and read any Comments with the article, sometimes the article might be a useful one but the Comments are inappropriate for your purposes.
- Always put a personal comment about the article.
- Give a Call to Action, i.e. Click Like if you agree with this article, Write a Comment and let us know your thoughts on….
- If there is no Share button with an article, do not Post it as you might run into a Copy-write violation issue.
- Respond appropriately to anything negative.
Use these two Free tools to help you with your Social Media Marketing. For more info, check out our website .
Remember – Social Media is a Marathon, not a Sprint!