Rss Feed

Oil Spill Employment…Need to hire 500 people….ASAP

Oil Spill Employment…Need to hire 500 people….ASAP

CONTACT THE LOUISIANA WORKFORCE COMMISSION

Please see job # 353398…      the job site can be Mississippi, Louisiana and or Alabama and it can last from 4-5 months. Pay depends on experience and they will take felonies on a case by case.

Must be  at least 18 years old.

Please visit  www.work-pays.org website and go to job opportunities.

Must have own transportation.  Will  live  in  a  shared hotel environment.  Will be  paid a per diem.

Pre-Screen Requirements:

Must be able to lift 40lbs

Must be able to work 7 days a week

Must have a valid U.S. I.D and Social Security Card.

Must NOT have a Class X Felony under 20 years (Class X Felony being murder, attempted murder and/or manslaughter)

Must NOT have a violent felony conviction within the past five years (aggravated assault or aggravated battery)

Job Description:

General Labor positions will be responsible for:

·           Debris Removal

·           Placing protective barriers along shorelines and beaches

·           Basic menial tasks

·           $10 – $12 DOE

Crew Leader positions will be responsible for:

·           Supervising up to 10 people

·           Debris Removal

·           Placing protective barriers along shorelines and beaches

·           Basic menial tasks

·           $12 – $16 DOE

Site Supervisor positions will be responsible for:

·           Supervising up to 10 Crew Leaders

·           Debris Removal

·           Placing protective barriers along shorelines and beaches

·           Basic menial tasks

·           $14 – $18 DOE

Site Safety Representative positions will be responsible for:

·           Enforce safety scope of project

·           PPE oversight

·           OSHA enforcement

·           Basic knowledge of EPA and environmental issues

·           HAZMAT experience

·           HAZWOPER experience

Lead Safety Representative positions will be responsible for:

·           Manage Site Safety Representatives

·           Develop overall safety scope of project

·           Define all PPE requirements

·           Strong understanding OSHA requirements

·           Strong knowledge of EPA and environmental issues

·           Ability to train HAZMAT

·           Ability to train HAZWOPER

12 Responses to “Oil Spill Employment…Need to hire 500 people….ASAP”

1. Skye Reshard says:

Hello,Terrific article dude! i am just Tired of using RSS feeds and do you use twitter?so i can follow you there:D.
    PS:Do you thought to be putting video to this web site to keep the readers more interested?I think it works.Best wishes, Skye Reshard

2. Rodney says:

Video is definitely in the plans and works. Thanks for asking

3. Winston Holt says:

My name is Winston Holt I am seeking a job in helping clean up the oilfield in the gulf. I am interested in working 7 days a week and i am willing to take whatever step it is to take to get hired on. I am a hard worker and need work. Please take into consideration in hiring me My phone number is (902)-665-7359 (903)-646-8689 thanks

4. Haha, I hope you will keep updating your content constantly as you have one dedicated reader here. :-P

5. vernon thibodeaux says:

hey im vernon thibodeaux ive been working for trussco enviromental as a supervisor got twic 40 hazwoper cpr first aid got all certifacations and experience to do the job if i dont no something show me once and wont have to show me again

6. vernon thibodeaux says:

my number is 832 579 6040

7. Alabama Joe says:

Every day the oil just keeps gushing and destroying our shores and oceans. To see these politicians still pushing for more drilling makes me furious.

8. the government would certainly push hard to ensure British petroleum paid for businesses together with individuals for lost income from your oil spill.

9. Im with a Cleaning and enviromental company out of Morgan City LA, I am Seeking for a company looking for people with 40 Hrs. Hazwoper to go work on the oil spill.
    I have 45 guys on stand by and 30 more taking the training soon,Mid South company has workers comps., Maritime and G.L.

My cell phone No. is 985 397-7788 and my Office number is 985-384-7587

10. This whole disaster with BP is insanity. The measure of spilling into the Gulf of Mexico skyrocketed by thousands of barrelfuls Wednesday right after an underwater droid ostensibly struck the containment cap that has been capturing crude from BP’s Macondo well. I question how much devastation this entire incident is going to cost the gulf when it’s all said and done

11. 12monkeys says:

The oil spill is nothing to laugh at but I just saw a kid wearing a t-shirt that cracked me up. BP – We’re bring oil to America’s shores. I died laughing because BP’s billion dollar image change to their new sunflower logo is forever going to be associated with the worst environmental disaster to strike America. Check out the shirt here – http://bit.ly/bJAuTb

12. It’s so sad to see the suffering of innocent animals for the greed of a stupid oil company. It breaks my heart.

• Newsletter